Short Term Medical Plans
The information in this post will help clients who may need Short Term Medical Plans. UnitedHealthOne is offering short term coverage for anyone who finds themselves without insurance.
Short Term health insurance is sometimes called either Term health insurance or Temporary health insurance. This type of insurance is made to bridge gaps in your health care coverage when you find yourself without insurance for any reason.
Who needs short term health insurance coverage?
Short Term health insurance plans can help when:
- You are being either aged out or told to get off of a parent’s insurance plan.
- You are currently in-between jobs.
- Somehow you have missed Open Enrollment and do not have a qualifying event for Special Enrollment.
- Maybe you have to wait for your Affordable Care Act (ACA) coverage to begin.
- A college student or perhaps you have just graduated from school.
- If you started a new job and you are waiting for benefits to begin.
- You may be waiting for your Medicare benfits to begin.
- When you need an alternative to COBRA insurance.
- If you lose coverage due to a divorce.
- If you are not yet old enough for Social Security benefits and are in good health.
These policies are offered through the Golden Rule Insurance Company, which has been part of UnitedHealthcare since 2003. They have been in the personal insurance business for more than 70 years. For more than 30 years, this company has sold Short Term insurance policies.
Short Term Insurance Plans are not ACA compliant
Because, these types of insurance plans do not meet the minimum coverage requirements under the Affordable Care Act (ACA or Obamacare) you may still receive a tax penalty for not complying with the standard. These plans are for use only to provide temporary health insurance during coverage gaps. If you would like to avoid the risk of a penalty, you should apply for an ACA health insurance plan as soon as you are able
If you would have questions or would like to apply for coverage, please contact us either by phone at (203)796-5403 or by email at [email protected]