Aetna Medicare Plan Changes Connecticut 2015
If you would like to learn about the Aetna Medicare Plan Changes Connecticut 2015, you should read this post. Aetna Medicare will be making major changes to their Medicare Advantage plans in some Connecticut counties for 2015. A quick summary of changes is listed below. Call or email our office for specific information and CMS approved benefit summaries and other info.
The current Aetna Value HMO
- $0 premium plan will be discontinued in Fairfield and New Haven counties as of January 1, 2015. This means you will not have a plan as of January 1, 2015. If you are in this plan currently you must enroll in a different Medicare plan if you want one for 2015. There is a special enrollment period for this situation. This allows consumers to enroll in a new plan anytime from December 15th, 2014 through the end of February 2015.
The Aetna Value HMO
- will still be available at $0 monthly premium to those in Hartford, Litchfield and Tolland counties. Benefits have some minor changes. They are now going to a $25 primary as well as a $50 specialist copay. They are also moving the inpatient hospital benefit to $300 for days 1-4.
Aetna will have a new $0 premium plan called Aetna Elite HMO
- available 1-1-15 for those in New Haven and Fairfield county. The plan boasts low copays ($10 primary/$35 specialist) and $550 per stay hospital inpatient copay. HOWEVER, it will have a $1,000 annual deductible for that will apply to major services. Office visits, preventative benefits, lab and some other benefits will not apply to the deductible and will still be a copay however.
- Aetna will still offer the Standard HMO plan with only small benefits changes and a 2015 premium of $118.00 a month in Hartford, New Haven , Fairfield, Litchfield and Tolland counties.
- Aetna will still offer the Standard PPO plan with only small benefits changes and a 2015 premium of $101.00 a month in Hartford, New Haven , Fairfield, Litchfield and Tolland counties
Please either call or email our office with any additional questions at 203-796-5403 or by email at Admin@croweandassociates.com.