What is a High Deductible F Plan
If you are ready to take your Medicare benefit, you might want to know; What is a High Deductible F Plan.
High deductible plan F is another type of Medicare supplement Plan. On this plan you pay 20% of Medicare allowable medical expenses that Medicare does not cover until you reach your deductible. After you reach your deductible, this plan works the same as a regular Medicare Supplement Plan F. All Medicare Supplement plans/Medigap plans supplement your Medicare benefits. This means that Medicare pays 80% of your approved medical expenses. Your Medicare Supplement/Medigap plan pays the remaining 20% only after you reach your deductible. This plan works well for people who have had either a high-deductible or health savings account plans in the past.
High Deductible Plan F 2020; is Medicare discontinuing this plan:
According to the US government starting January 1, 2020 Medicare Supplement plans that pay the Medicare Part B deductible will no longer be sold. These plans will not be taken away from clients who already have them. Clients can also still join these plans, if they are eligible for Medicare benefits before 1/1/20.
Will there be another comparable Medicare Supplement plan to choose in it’s place?
Although the High Deductible Plan F 2020 will not be available for new beneficiaries, there is a similar plan called Plan G. Plan G has most of the same coverage benefits as Plan F, with the exception of the plan B deductible payment.
How does the high deductible Plan F work?
These plan are slightly different than other Medicare Supplement plans. Once Medicare pays their part of your approved medical expense, you will be responsible for the next $2,300 in costs. That is the maximum out of pocket cost for this plan in 2019. Any medical expenses you have during the year, you will pay your portion (the 20% Medicare does not cover in most cases) until you reach the $2,300 limit. Once that limit is reached your Plan F will pay 100% of your cost share (the 20% not covered by original Medicare) for your Part A & B services.
Some people do not like the High Deductible Plan F. Although these plans offer coverage at a lower rate than other Medicare supplements, you will receive small bills from medical providers for the 20% Medicare does not cover. This will be the case until you have reached your deductible. That is something you will have to consider when choosing a Medicare Supplement plan. If you don’t mind the small bills, you can save a good amount of money on premiums compared with standard Plan F.
These plans are not available through all Medicare Supplement Plan carriers. High Deductible F pricing varies by carriers.
If you would like help choosing the best plan for yourself or if you have questions, please contact us. You can reach us either by phone at (203)796-5403 or by email at email@example.com.
Looking for a Medicare Quote? Click for our quote site
To learn more about us go to our website: click here.
Click here to learn what Crowe and Associates offers its brokers.