The Aetna Medicare Over The Counter (OTC) Catalog 2019 is now available.
Carriers now offer a Medicare over the counter (OTC) benefit to their members. In addition to your plan benefits, over the counter benefits defray some of the cost of necessary healthcare items not covered as a medical or pharmaceutical expense.
Aetna Medicare offers members an Over-The-Counter benefit. This benefit pays up to a $25 maximum amount every month for over the counter (OTC) items. The catalog lists eligible items. Only items listed in the OTC catalog are covered by the over the counter benefit. Many products you would normally purchase from a drugstore are critical to a healthy lifestyle. These items may include non-prescription medications, vitamins, and eye care. In addition to these you can purchase every day items that impact your health, like hand sanitizer. This benefit allows you to purchase these items from the catalog at no cost to you. Accordingly, the cost of these items is part of your Medicare OTC benefit.
- The over the counter benefit in 2019 is up to $25/member every month. However, there are rules with regard to how items must be ordered.
- The over the counter benefit is included with all Aetna Medicare Advantage plans in 2019.
- You must order from the catalog or online. Items purchased from a retail store are not part of the benefit.
- Because this is a “use it or lose it” benefit, benefit dollars do not carry over month to month. Therefore, be sure to check the catalog each months for items you will need.
- You cannot use your CVS Extra Care card toward these purchases.
- Free shipping! There are no shipping or handling fees.
- Orders typically take two weeks to arrive. Plan ahead for adequate supplies.
Please see below to download the color format OTC catalog. The catalog includes a newly expanded product list.
Choosing a Medicare plan can be confusing! Remember, that is what we specialize in! If you still need help determining which Medicare option will suit you best, call us at 203-796-5403 and schedule an appointment today.