Medicare Savings Program Connecticut 2018
About the Medicare Savings Program Connecticut 2018
Medicare Savings Program Connecticut 2018 (MSP) is available those below certain income levels. As a result, the program does not take assets into consideration for eligibility. There are three levels of the program, Someone may qualify for if their income is below the guidelines.
- QMB (Qualified Medicare Beneficiary): Pays for your Medicare Part B premiums, and any Medicare deductibles and/or coinsurance. Most people do not pay a premium for Medicare Part A but the QMB program will pay part A premium for those with a Medicare Part A premium.
- income limits for 2018 – Single $2,135.32 a month – Couple $2,894.92 a month
- SLMB (Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary): Will pay for your Medicare Part B premium
- income limits for 2018 -Single $2,337.72 a month- Couple $3,169.32 a month
- ALMB (Additional Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary): Will pay for your part B premium; You may not have any other type of Medicaid program while enrolled in the ALMB program
- income limits for 2018 – Single $2,489.52 a month: Couple $3,375.12 a month
This program is subject to changes during the 2018 year. Click here for an update
Medicare Savings Program Connecticut 2018 Application
It’s easy to apply for the Connecticut Medicare Savings Programs. Simply complete an application and mail it in. The application is“Medicare Savings Programs Application/Redetermination,”. There is no cost to apply for the program as well as no penalty for applying if you are not accepted.
Please mail the completed application to:
DSS ConneCT Scanning Center
PO Box 1320
Manchester, CT 06045-1320
If you are having trouble printing the application, call Crowe and Associates at 203-796-5403