AHIP Medicare Certifications 2019
All agents must complete their AHIP Medicare Certifications 2019 in order to sell plans during the up coming open enrollment.
- If you took AHIP last year and don’t want to click through all 5 modules this year, you can click on modules 4 and 5 only and then take the test. You do not need to click on mods 1,2 and 3 if you don’t want.
- Taking the 2019 AHIP will count for the rest of 2018, so you should hold off on taking the 2018 and just wait for the 2019 at this point.
- While they did not announce it yet, the carriers will likely allow the 2019 certifications to count for the remainder of 2018
- You will get a $50 discount off of AHIP if you take it through one of the following carriers: Anthem, Aetna, Humana, UHC or Wellcare
- UHC does not require you to take AHIP, but if you take it through their site, it will complete some of the basic UHC certification modules so you will not need to do them.
Envision Certifications – coming soon
Important Points and Tips
- The VIP Portal is supported by Google Chrome. Using other browsers may impact your test submission or cause other errors.
- Go here to Register as a New Agent: You will need Agency ID and Registration Code: https://vipagentsupport.com/Agent/AgentRegistration
- Go here if you are a Returning Agent: https://vipagentsupport.com/Account/Login
- AHIP: You may bypass the Medicare General Test by uploading a current years AHIP Certificate.
New agents will be able to certify with Humana starting on 7/10/18.
- Remember: you save $50 off of AHIP by taking the course through Aetna/Coventry, UHC, Humana and or Cigna Healthspring. Take it once – transfer it to your other carriers! SilverScript will accept the AHIP score as well
- Even though you’re able to upload AHIP now, the official product training will begin the 2nd week of August.
United Health Care Certifications – coming soon
- Discount rate for $125 ($50 off) available but you access the AHIP site through our site FIRST to get the discount
- UHC does not require AHIP certification. However, if you take AHIP for another Medicare Advantage Partner and pass with a score of 90% or higher, you can transfer the AHIP completion to UHC at no charge and it will satisfy the requirement for the following UHC modules:
- Medicare Basics
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
Important: You must transfer your AHIP completion BEFORE accessing the UHC training. Failure to do so will result in your AHIP score being rejected. After completion go to the home page and click – transmit to UHC.