AHIP Discount Code
The Medicare AHIP for 2023 will be available on June 20th. The cost will remain $175 for the 2023 certification course and exam. The certification is $125 when taken through a number of the insurance company certification portals with the AHIP discount code built in. Read below for additional updates on the 2023 certification.
Important: Current year AHIP certifications do not count toward the next AEP. For example, if you take and pass AHIP in 2023 you cannot use it during AEP from October 15th to December 7th of 2023. AEP business written during this time is effective for a 1-1-2024 start date. As a result, you need the 2024 AHIP to write the business. The 2024 AHIP will come out in June of 2023. If you are looking to write MA or PDP business at that point, it is best to simply take the 2024 AHIP and skip the 2023 AHIP. The 2024 AHIP will allow you to write business for the remainder of 2023.
AHIP discount code: $175 vs. $125
Accessing AHIP through the official Portal will cost $175. 2023 AHIP (Medicare + Fraud, Waste and Abuse (MFWA)) became available on June 20th 2023. It is best to wait to take AHIP through a portal with the discount code. That is how you get to take the course with the AHIP discount code built in. The cost is reduced to $125 for those taking the course through a portal with the AHIP discount code built in.
The basic Medicare portion of the course will cover:
- Basics of Medicare fee-for service benefits (Original Medicare A and B)
- Different types of MA/MAPD and PDP plans
- Who is eligible and review of the benefits
- Training on nondiscrimination
- Requirements and rules for marketing and enrollment
Fraud, Waste, and Abuse (FWA) will cover:
- How to identifying FWA
- Overview of efforts being made to detect FWA
- Different methods to report FWA
- Review of 2023 MA/MAPD and Part D compliance requirements (Changes for 2024 already being proposed)
AHIP discount code: Recorded webinar on exam
Learn about the benefits we offer to agents
- We pay agents $500 per month toward all Medicare marketing and lead costs
- Seminar program averaging 50+ T-65 prospects per seminar (Agent does not need to invite attendees)
- Online enrollment and call recording through Connecture and Sunfire at no cost to agents
- 50% co-op on seminar costs
- Free agent websites