UHC Member Escalation Form
You might ask your self what is a UHC Member Escalation Form? If you are either a new or an experienced broker, you know or will soon learn that the start of a new year brings many member questions. We have included some information that will help you guide your clients to the answers they need. This information is intended to give you the steps to use in order to help resolve your customer’s issues.
If your client contacts you to tell you they are unhappy, the first thing you need to find out is whether or not they have contacted member services. If they have not, you should tell them that is the first thing they should do. Almost all the of the time, member services will be able to resolve the issue.
If the member says that they have contacted member services and either the issue is still unresolved or they are not satisfied with the answer they received, you will need to escalate the problem. In this case you will need the UHC Member Escalation Form. You can escalate the issue by filling out the escalation form and returning it to your broker services manager. This is something that will not happen too often. Most of the time, customer service can resolve the issue pretty quickly with a phone call.
In some cases the agent/broker can call the producer help desk and resolve an issue for their client.
In the following instances you will not need to have the client on the present to correct an issue:
- If client needs to make changes to the primary address, phone number or email address.
- When you need to choose an election period
- If the Medicare number needs to be added
- To choose the way the member receives their materials(materials preference)
- To enter a PCP name
- For secondary coverage information
- To fill in Demographic information
- To order materials/material fulfillment
- When you need to know the status of the clients application.
If you are making the following choices, you need to have the member present:
- When the client is making/changing the plan selection
- To sign the application
- To decide the plan’s effective date
- If the client want to withdraw/cancel the application
- For the intent to enroll
- To answer ESRD information
Looking for a Scope of Appointment form? Click here for form
Agents/brokers who have a question or problem, call the UHC producer help desk. The number for the help desk is 888-381-8581. This phone number can be called weekdays from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m.. If you would rather send an email, you can send it to the producer help desk at [email protected] Please remember to include your writing number in your email.