How to sell Medicare plans
Learning how to sell Medicare plans is not difficult. Senior market sales are avoided by a number of agent and agencies. The decision is often based on second hand or partial info about senior market sales sales. Avoiding Medicare sales is costly in a number of ways. The most obvious is missing out on the easy commission revenue. The second is that avoiding Medicare it leaves the door open for other agents to meet with your clients. Medicare eligible clients are going to buy a plan of some type (Advantage or supplement) and will likely look for guidance before doing so.
Medicare sales is not rocket science.
We can provide everything you need to add this product to your practice or agency.
- Contracting: The first step is to determine the best carriers in your sales area and then contract with them. We can help agents determine the best Advantage and supplement plans available. We then provide full compensation contracts for individual agents, agencies and master general agencies. Agents or agencies receive Comp pay directly from the insurance company.
- Quote System: An online quote system will save a great deal of time by quoting all plans from one site. It will also help find the best companies available in a given county or state. We provide a quote site at no cost to agents and agencies.
- Certifications: Most Supplement carriers do not require certifications. All Advantage and part D plans require agent certifications to be complete. Some carriers also require an AHIP designation. It is important for an agent/agency to decide if they will sell either Supplements, Advantage plans or both.
- Training: There is a learning curve with all sales. Once you learn the base information, you can be apply it to all companies. We offer training sessions at no cost. Product and sales training are offered.
- Leads: In fact, even the best sales people need a way to get in front of prospects. There are many ways to acquire leads. You can acquire leads with the use of Mail response cards or online leads. Seminars and retail sales locations offer leads. Community events can also produce leads. We provide both our agents and agencies with mail leads at absolutely no cost. Click here to learn about our Lead Program.