The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) releases annual information regarding both plans and enrollment. Following is a list of month-by-month review of key Medicare calendar dates below.
- The Medicare Advantage plan dis-enrollment period begins on January 1st.
- Also, the General enrollment period begins on January 1st, as well.
- The Dialysis Star ratings are available.
- The Fedral Register office releases the Federal poverty levels.
- The Medicare Advantage Plan dis-enrollment period ends on February 15th.
- CMS will release the draft version of potential Part C and D plan changes.
- The General enrollment period ends on March 31st.
- CMS will release the final call letter.
- The Hospital Compare patient survey star ratings are made available.
- Members that enrolled during the General enrollment period can begin looking for a plan.
- Medicare Savings Program (MSP) notices are distributed by the Social Security Administration.
- CMS will announce the details for its ‘Train the Trainer’ workshops.
- Coverage begins for members that enrolled during the General Enrollment Period on July 1st.
- Preliminary Parts C and D data is published for the following calendar year. Published data includes the national average premium, the base premium amounts, and the Income Related Monthly Adjustment Amounts (IRMAA).
- The Social Security Administration sends a “Notice to Review” to those receiving extra help for their prescription drug plan costs. Clients must return these documents within 90 days or the social security Administration will terminate the extra help.
- CMS will notify members that no longer automatically qualify for extra help.
- LIS notices outlining the help a member will receive are sent.
- Annual Plan change notices are forwarded to plan members.
- All members are mailed a copy of CMS produced “Medicare & You”.
- Social Security releases both the Part C and D Plan landscape files.
- Notices of creditable coverage are sent. Members participating in either an employer, union, or other group plan are notified of their status.
- Plan providers can begin marketing plans for the following year.
- Of course, Open enrollment begins on October 15th.
- Plan data is available on the plan finder tool.
- Social Security mails both the Low Income Subsidy (LIS) and the MSP notices.
- Updated premium, deductible and also co-payment amounts are announced for Parts A and B.
- Equally important – Open Enrollment ends on December 7th.
In fact. you can learn more details about the Medicare calendar by clicking the included links.