High Deductible Plan F 2020
High Deductible Plan F 2020; HDF or high deductible plan F is different than other Medicare supplement Plans. Beneficiaries enrolled in this plan pay the 20% of medical expenses not paid by Medicare (Medicare pays 80%) until they satisfy their deductible. After the deductible is reached, this plan works the same as a regular Medicare Supplement Plan F. In 2019 the MOOP is $2300. Once the beneficiary pays their part of the medical expenses, the plan works exactly the same as a regular Plan F. It covers 100% of the clients portion on all Medicare Part A & B expenses. This plan is great for people who have had either a high-deductible or health savings account plan.
High Deductible Plan F 2020 will be discontinued:
Starting on January 1, Any Medicare Supplement plan that pays the Medicare Part B deductible will no longer be sold. If your client is already signed up for one of these plans, the plan will not be taken away from them. Clients can also still join these plans, if they are eligible for Medicare benefits before 1/1/20.
There is a comparable Medicare Supplement plan:
The High Deductible Plan F will not be available to new beneficiaries in 2020. There is a Supplement Plan G that offers clients benefits that are very similar to Plan F, although it does not offer the Part B deductible payment.
The cons of a High Deductible Plan F:
If your client does not want to be bothered with receiving small bills for their medical services, this is not the plan for them. Because Medicare pays 80% of their medical expenses they will receive a bill for the remaining 20%. This will be the case until the beneficiary reaches the deductible. This plan is a good deal if the client knows what he is signing up for. They save a good deal of money on the premium and hopefully this balances out when they have to pay the deductible.
ALL Medicare Supplement/Medigap Plans:
All Medicare Supplement plans/Medigap plans supplement the benefits of Medicare A and B. Please keep in mind, Medicare High Deductible F plan pricing varies among carriers. This is the case with all Med Sup plans. Some carriers do not offer the HDF plan at all.