Best Way To Sell Insurance
While there is not one best way to sell insurance, there are a number of proven strategies that can be followed. The type of insurance you are selling makes a big difference in figuring out the best way to sell insurance. We will outline some of the more popular and/or successful methods below. This blog focuses on Medicare and Health insurance sales.
For starters, one of the more overlooked things with Medicare is you need to know it well to sell it. Many agents do not reach their full potential; because they do not understand the basics. Topics such as Medicare A and B, understanding the difference between a MAPD and a Supplement. You must also know all the carriers and plans in the market. these are all important factors to understand when selling Medicare plans. Here are some of the better ways to sell more Medicare plans.
- Offer a unique plan that many agents do not offer: If you offer something unique, it will stand out more and will also lead to many more referrals. A good example of this is the high deductible plan F supplement. Most agents to now show clients a high deductible plan F for a number of reasons. Agents that do offer high F will find it much easier to get in front of people. Most senior advocacy groups will allow agents to present on the high F plan. CLICK HERE FOR HIGH DEDUCTIBLE F CONTRACTING
- Create relationships with the right people: This sounds old school, but there are people that can be great referral sources for Medicare agents. Some of the bigger ones are contacts at senior centers, pharmacies, doctors offices and senior advocate groups such as the office for the aging. Some P & C agencies, financial planning firms and accountants do not offer Medicare and know little about it. A relationship with them can lead to numerous referrals.
- Employer groups: Many employer groups do not offer coverage to retirees. Many agents sell 100’s of plans a year because employer groups send their retirees to them. Again, you will need to know your stuff for employer groups to have enough confidence to send their retirees to you for advice.
- Buying sales leads: There is no such thing as an easy sales lead. They all require work and dedication to make them work for you. Mailer leads, online leads, live transfers all require the agent to have a system. If you do not have a process or system in place for working those leads, the result will be failure. Develop a system for working your leads and stick to it. Dedication is required to make any lead system work. If you are looking for the system that has people saying “Thank god you called, please sign me up” stop looking because you are wasting your time. CLICK HERE TO LEARN ABOUT OUR 50% LEAD CO-OP PROGRAM
Health Insurance Sales
Health insurance is another way to sell insurance and is a hot button with both clients and prospects. Most people are paying way too much for health insurance and are looking for lower cost options. If you can find a health plan or strategy that saves them money, you will be in business. You also need to find a plan that pays you for your effort which is becoming harder and harder these days.
- Sell a unique plan with lower rates than the standard plans. Trust me, the plans are out there but you need to find them. We have a unique offering with low rates that individuals and small groups can enroll in the first of any month all year. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ELITE PPO PLAN
Other best ways to sell insurance
- Sell auto and home insurance and then cross sell. Selling Auto and home is a great way to get in front of prospects. Everyone is looking for lower cost Auto and home insurance which makes it easy to set appointments. Agents will use auto and home to set quick appointments and then cross sell other products.
- Seminars. Seminars are also a great way to meet with a number of new prospects. The trick with seminars is getting people in the seats. Holding seminars with organizations that can help have a current membership or audience helps. Some insurance companies will also drive attendance to your seminars as well.