Anthem agent of record
We would just like to take a moment to remind brokers/agents of the Anthem agent of record process. This policy applies to ALL states; as it is an agency policy
- If you submit a current member’s application for a plan change from one Anthem MAPD plan to a different Anthem MAPD plan, this action cannot and does not change the agent of record. You must include an AOR (also know as BOR) letter with the application. You can view the guidelines by clicking the links we have included below:
You can also review the guidelines by looking in your broker news portal. Anthem posted this information on both 10/15/18 and 12/04/18.
- Anthem highly recommends that you email the AOR letter directly to commissions at: Senior_SalesComp@anthem.com . This is the best option because, if you email the AOR you get confirmation it has been received and you also get confirmation when it is processed.
- You can also fax the request to: 818-234-1358. However, this method does not give you a receipt confirmation or a processing confirmation.
- Some agents/brokers are confused as to what constitutes a form letter. The answer is easy; a form letter is any type of letter that has a line or a fill in the blank area. You can view examples of both acceptable and unacceptable form letters in the link below:
Please ask your Anthem broker representative if you are unsure that you have the correct format. They will be happy to take a look at your letter before you submit it; so it will be processed for you.
- If you do not have the client’s Anthem member ID# ,when you submit the AOR, you can use the client’s new Medicare ID#.
- Please make sure either your encrypted tin or NPN is on the AOR letter before you submit it so your client can be properly placed in your book of business.
Have you considered joining a team that offers you things like; back office support, an online enrollment and quoting site, a free Medicare lead program, sales training and more:
Do you need a scope of appointment? Click the link below for a generic scope.