AHIP Medicare Training 2022
The AHIP Medicare Training 2022 course will be available on June 21st. AHIP “American Health Insurance Plans” is a Medicare training course accepted by CMS. It is also accepted nationally by all Medicare insurance companies. As a result, most insurance companies will require AHIP in order to offer their MA and PDP plans. While not all carriers require an AHIP certification to sell their plans, the majority do. AHIP is not the same as the NAHU Medicare, Medicare Advantage + Compliance requirements Certification.
AHIP Medicare Training 2022: Access and relationship with carrier certifications
You only need to pass the AHIP designation one time per year. The completed course can then be transferred to all the carriers to show completion of the course. As a result, AHIP can be taken through any of the carriers. The standard cost for AHIP is $175 but a number of companies charge agents $125 if taken through their specific training portal. In addition to AHIP, carriers require an agent passes their own product/company specific certifications. Some carriers certs are include information and an online test while others only require the agent to attest they have reviewed the information.
AHIP designation in 2022
AHIP offers a shorter version of the certification for those that had the certificate in 2021. Those new to AHIP for 2022 will need to review 5 modules and take a cumulative test for to complete the course. Returning users will not need to go through modules 1-3. Instead, they can review modules 4-5 only and then take the test. This can be a big time saver when it comes to the course. In addition, completion of AHIP will make some of the carrier certifications shorter. The agent will be able to skip some of the basic modules in a number of company annual certification courses.
AHIP Medicare training 2022: 2021 certification
Completing the 2022 AHIP will allow an agent to market for the remainder of 2021. If you want to sell MAPD and PDP in 2021 you should not access the 2021 course at this point. Those that do will still need to take the 2022 AHIP in order to sell in 2022. Take the new AHIP in June to sell for the remainder of 2021 and 2022 selling season.
Taking the certification:
The certification is very similar to the 2021 version. Same 5 categories with sample questions at the end of each module. Here are some things that will help with the certs and test:
- Pay close attention to all the summary test questions at the end of each module: 90 percent of them are on the 50 question cumulative test and worded almost exactly the same
- Save all the Module PDF’s on your computer as you access them. There is an option to save them on the right hand side of the screen
- The test should be fairly easy as long as you know all the sample test questions
- There are some tricky questions but the correct answers will be shown on the review test questions so you can get them correct on the final test
- Remember to complete the Non-discrimination, FWA and general compliance training after you pass the final test
- Transmit the results to the various carriers using the “Medicare Course Home” Button
Carrier certification dates (partial list)
United Healthcare: June 28th
Aetna: June 29th
Humana: June 29th
Anthem: June 30th
Wellcare: July 7th
Crowe and Associates reimburses agents 100% of costs up to $500 a month for Medicare leads, marketing and advertising!