AHIP Medicare training 2020
If you are an agent/broker who sells Medicare products, you need to get ready for the AHIP Medicare training 2020. As of June 14, 2019, AHIP will not longer offer Medicare, Fraud Waste and Abuse training for 2019. They will open up the new AHIP Medicare training 2020 certification on June 17, 2019.
What is AHIP training:
AHIP Medicare training 2020 explains the basic benefit and eligibility requirements for Medicare plans. The training also includes explanations of Medicare Advantage as well as Part D (prescription drug plans). You learn the marketing guidelines and enrollment procedures of the products. Following these guidelines will assure that you are compliant.
Another part of the training includes FWA (fraud waste and abuse). This will give you awareness of the federal government’s laws on fraud in Medicare. You learn about the cost of fraud, waste and abuse and how to report an issue that involves FWA you may come across.
AHIP Medciare training 2020 questions:
- Is there a cost for this training? Yes, if you take this test directly form the AHIP website, the cost is normally $175. However, several insurance carriers offer a discounted rate of $125 when you take the exam through the broker portal on their carrier site. In most cases, you can use the 2020 AHIP training to certify for sales with carriers for the remaining months of 2019 as well as 2020.
- How many questions are on the test? The exam has 50 questions.
- How long do I have to complete the test? you will have 2 hours to complete the test.
- I heard this is an open book test is that true? Yes, this is an open book test.
- What is score I need to pass the test? You will need a score of 90% or better to pass.
- Why do I need to take this test every year? Agents need to take this test every year because the regulations for Medicare change every year and you need to stay up to date.
- What if I fail the test? You will have 3 tries to pass the test. If you fail after 3 tries, you can re-enroll in the training and buy 3 more attempts. Some carriers will not let you sell if you have failed the test 3 times in one year.
If you plan to sell Medicare Advantage plans:
Most insurance carriers want to have only agents/brokers who are compliant with the CMS regulations. This means, they require you to complete the AHIP training. Additionally, most insurance carriers will require agents/brokers to pass their company specific certifications as well as the AHIP. You will have access to the specific carrier certifications through the carrier’s broker portal. This will ensure that you are well versed in the products you are offering to your clients.
AHIP Medicare training 2020 tips:
- Anyone that completes the 2020 AHIP will be able to use it for the remainder of 2020. As a result, you do not need to take the 2019 AHIP once the 2020 is available.
- United Healthcare Medicare is the only company that does not require AHIP completion in order to offer their MA, MAPD and PDP plans. However, you do need to take the UHC modules.
- The AHIP sample questions are very similar to the test questions. Make sure to pay attention to the correct answers on the sample questions.
AHIP Medicare training 2020 – Medicare scope of appointment
Would you like to join the team at Crowe and Associates:
More information about how to start your Medicare sales career, click here.
If you want to learn more about Medicare sales, click here