United Healthcare OTC catalog 2024
Members of participating UHC Medicare advantage plans have access to the United Healthcare OTC catalog 2024. There are 3 different types of UHC Medicare Advantage plans that have their own OTC benefit package. Members of all 3 plan types can access their OTC benefit through their UCard. The UCard is more than just a member ID card, it is a way to access all the extra benefits UHC members receive.
Members of these plans have access to an over-the-counter credit. United Healthcare adds the credit to members UCards either monthly or quarterly. This depends on the plan each member enrolls in. To find out if your plan offers this benefit and the details, check the evidence of coverage for your plan.
Member can shop in over 55 thousand participating stores. Participating stores include CVS, Kroger, Walgreens, Walmart as well as Meijer, Sam’s Club and Save A Lot.
Shopping in stores provides a greater product selection for members that include both generic and Brand-name items. Members also have the option to order items online, by phone or through the mail.
Unused benefits for Plans that provide a monthly combined credit for OTC/Healthy Foods/Utilities expires at the end of each month.
Ways to order OTC items
Members of participating UHC MAPD (non-SNP plans) have 4 ways to order OTC items with their UCard or prepaid card. In 2024, 68% of all non-DSNP members have access to the OTC benefit.
1. Order in store at one of over 55k participating locations.
2. Purchase OTC items online whenever it’s convenient for you 24/7.
3. Use the phone to order OTC items.
4. Use the mail order form in the OTC catalog to order items.
Please note, items ordered either online, over the phone or by mail will usually be delivered within 2-3 days of receipt. Orders over $35 are eligible for free shipping.
Information for C-SNP members
C-SNP members have access to a monthly credit for OTC benefits as well as healthy foods benefits on their UCard.
Members have a few ways to shop for OTC items.
- In store
- Online through the member portal
- Use the catalog and purchase items by mail.
Delivery is free on orders of $35 or more.
C-SNP members can choose from thousands of healthy food items including meat, fruit. vegetables, dairy bread cereal and much more. There are a few ways to shop for healthy foods using the monthly allowance on the UCard. Delivery is free with Walmart or Roots.
In 2024, there are 42 C-SNP plans that offer the OTC healthy food card. In past years, this benefit was only available on the DSNP plans.
- Shop for healthy foods in store
- Choose from the items online through the member account,
- Use the UnitedHealthcare mobile app to check your account balance or locate local retailers. Use the scan to find available products and check outin stores without your UCard.
OTC benefit information for D-SNP members
OTC benefits for D-SNP plan member in 2024 include over-the-counter items as well as healthy foods and utilities benefit. This benefit is loaded onto the UCard each month and member can choose to use it in any of the ways mentioned above. Credits are loaded onto the UCard each month
D-SNP members can decide to use their benefit to shop one of the following ways.
- In one of the thousands of participating stores.
- They can also choose to shop online through the member portal.
- Members may also use the catalog to order items through the mail using the form in the catalog.
Members can purchase Healthy Foods in one of the following ways:
- Members can shop in-store
- Online through the member portal
- They may also use the catalog to choose food items and have them shipped to their home, the same as with OTC items. Home delivery is free with Walmart or enrollees may choose Roots for fresh produce and premade meal delivery.
The utility benefit can help members pay electric bills, water and sewer usage, sanitation, heating or internet service. FOr utilities, the service address must be the same as the member’s home address that is on file with United healthcare.
Member can request a replacement catalog online or by contacting member services.
The number for each plan’s member services team is found on the back of the member ID card.
In most cases, United Healthcare will answer member inquiries. There are some benefits supported by different vendors depending how the member orders the product. Items that are ordered online, over the phone or with the catalog will be filled by Solutran. Some orders are supported by Walmart.