What’s covered Medicare app
You might ask what is the What’s covered Medicare app? This is app is for Medicare clients. It shows them what services Medicare covers as well as which ones Medicare does not cover.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has launched a new app. This app gives consumers a more up to date Medicare experience. Clients will have direct mobile access to some of the most searched content on Medicare.gov.
Medicare clients, caregivers and anyone who wants Medicare coverage information can get answers quickly with the “What’s Covered” app. Anyone can use this information either at a doctor’s office or a hospital or anywhere you can use a mobile device.
In addition to the “What’s Covered” app:
Beneficiaries will now be able to connect claims information to applications and tools through the use of Blue Button 2.0. Some innovative private companies developed this tool. This will help clients understand and share more of their important health information. For more information on Blue Button 2.0 Click here.
In fact, there has been many initiatives to help bring Medicare into the modern age. One of the tools to do this is eMedicare. This tool is in place give patients information to help them get the most from their Medicare benefits. This is just one addition put in place by the present administration. The current plan is to deliver a suite of products with the ability to give both more access and control of Medicare information to the consumer.
To help meet the needs of the many Medicare beneficiaries, CMS created the app.
In fact, the number of people on Medicare will increase almost 50 percent by the year 2030. In 2015 there were approximately 54 million beneficiaries. The projection is for more than 80 million beneficiaries in 2030. Many Medicare beneficiaries use the internet almost daily. Therefore it is safe to say, many Medicare beneficiaries will use the new tools. In addition; there are almost 15 million page views for coverage-related questions on Medicare.gov. Additionally, the numbers are greater when you add this to the over 3 million calls 1-800 MEDICARE receives each year.
The eMedicare initiative launched in 2018. Some other tools in the eMedicare suite include:
- Improved interactive online decision support helps people understand as well as compare their Medicare coverage options.
- Beneficiaries can use the new online service to view estimated out-of-pocket costs and compare plans.
- Consumers can compare national average costs of some procedures with the new price transparency tools. They can view costs in different facilities; such as, hospital outpatient compared to ambulatory surgical center.
- The Medicare Plan Finder offers beneficiaries a new web chat option.
- Consumers can access to easy-to-use surveys across Medicare.gov to inform CMS of what they want.
To view webinars and either learn more about Medicare sales or what we can offer our agents; Click here
If you are thinking about joining our team; click the link below.