Medicare sales updates 2018
We are always giving agents information to help them make the most of their sales. This is why we want to explain about some Medicare sales updates 2018. We have provided a number of updates below. Some pertain to Medicare certifications and sales for 2018. Lots of other stuff here as well, so please either call Ed at (203)796-5403 or email him at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Medicare sales updates 2018 -2018 AHIP
- The 2018 AHIP will be available on June 19th. We have called a number of insurance carriers including UHC, Aetna, Anthem as well as others and they all have said they will be accepting the 2018 AHIP for the remainder of 2017. For those that did not take 2017 AHIP you might as well wait and take the 2018 version at this point. You can still use it to sell for the rest of 2017.
- The cost for AHIP will be $175 but you can get it for $125 through a number of carriers certifications portals including UHC, Anthem/Empire and Aetna.
- Aetna Front runners will have access to it for free
- Anyone that wrote at least 15 Anthem/Empire MAPD plans for 1-1-17 AEP will have access to AHIP at no cost as well.
- Important Tip! If you took AHIP in 2017 and plan to take the 2018 AHIP, you do not need to go through all the modules. You can go through module 4 and 5 only and then take the test. If you want to take mods 1-3 you certainly can but you do have the choice to skip them
2018 Medicare Advantage and Part D commission
- A link has been provided with the MAPD and Part D commissions for 2018 CLICK FOR 2018 MAPD AND PART D COMMISSIONS
2018 Medicare seminars with UHC
- For those that want to do UHC seminars for 2018, you need to be aware of some time frames
- You must have your 2018 UHC certifications done including the events basic elective by July 13, 2017
- Use the new UHC events registration form to register your events (Attached to this email) Send the form directly to your UHC broker manager
- All 2018 seminars must be submitted to your broker manager no later than July 15th
- Agents must complete Bconnect training by July 13th
- If you have not done seminars with UHC previously, you must talk to your broker manager about meeting with them for training.
Quoting for MAPD, Part D, Medicare Supplements, Final Expense, LTC, Term and Universal life….
- I get a lot of call from agents looking for quotes on the products above. I don’t mind the calls and conversations at all but everyone that has a contract with us has access to a free quote engine through Pinnacle. The site is www.pfsinsurance.com You will need a username and password. If you do not have one or forgot it, you can call Pinnacle at 800-772-6881 The quote engine works very well and is easy to use. They also have a mobile app which you can get for free in the app store under “Pinnacle quote”
Guide for new Medicare agents and agencies
- We created a guide for new Medicare agents and agencies to follow when getting started with Medicare sales. It covers all aspects of starting including choosing which plan types to sell, contracting, certification, ordering supplies and starting to sell. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS MORE INFORMATION
Scope of appointment for all sales even when not face to face
- In the past, most agents have only had the clients sign a scope of appointment for face to face meetings. There has not been a need for one when you are not meeting face to face. The updated CMS guidance seems to be saying they want a signed scope for all appointments (MAPD and PDP) even when the sale is not face to face. My suggestion would be to include a scope on all sales. I know a log of agents email applications to clients. It may be wise to start including a scope in with the application so the client can sign it and send it back.
Selling GTL with MAPD plans- incorporating it into the sale
- GTL hospital indemnity sales are way up in a number of states including CT. I have created a blog which details the strategy of including the GTL hospital indemnity plan in the MAPD sale. It more or less makes if feel like one sale to the client instead of you trying to sell them an additional product once your MAPD sale is done. CLICK HERE TO LEARN ABOUT HOSPITAL INDEMNITY AND MAPD SALES
50% Medicare Lead Co-op program and updated lead vendor list
- As many of you are aware, we will pay for 50% of your Medicare lead costs. You can use any vendor you like. Send us the receipt and we will reimburse you. There are few rules with this program and here they are. This is for leads that primarily generate Medicare sales. I cannot offer this to you if you dont have all your Medicare contracts with us. Please stay current with receipts you submit. Weekly is fine but no more than a month behind. We have a list of vendors some agents use. I am not going to vouch for any of these companies but they are simply some of the lead vendors that agents are working with. CLICK FOR LEAD VENDOR LIST