Medicare Part D Plan Finder Changes
The information about Medicare Part D plan finder changes is based on recent information from the CMS National Training Program. The CMS introduced potential changes to the Medicare drug plan finder website. This will make access to the system more difficult and as a result, will impact agents and reps. Please read below for information on how the changes will impact you as a broker/rep and Medicare beneficiary. (We Provide a solution to this problem at the end of the blog!)
Agents/reps often use the Medicare plan finder site to run comparisons for both clients and prospects. The site is currently open for anyone to use. However, this is going to change for 2020.
Medicare Part D Plan Finder Changes – Whats changing?
The new process will require a consumer to register for a Medicare.gov account to compare Medicare Plans. In other words, an agent will not be able to run comparisons for anyone without first going into their MyMedicare.gov account. This may make it more challenging for both brokers and consumers in a number of ways.
- Many consumers start looking at their plan options well before they turn 65 or enroll in Medicare. The new process requires a Medicare ID in order for the account to be set up. In other words, they will not have access to the comparison prior to having the ID.
- While many new Medicare Beneficiaries are able to complete this task, many use brokers or reps to run these comparisons for them. This will not be possible without an account.
- It was explained that; the Medicare Beneficiary will have to share their username and password so an agent/broker can access their prescription drug list comparison.
Solution: Use Connect4Medicare and your personal, consumer facing URL.
All agents with Crowe and Associates and Pinnacle Financial Services have access to Connect4Medicare and their own consumer facing quote site. (At no cost) This site has the same ability to add drug plan information and compare plans as the Medicare drug plan finder site. With the new restrictions on the CMS site, the Connect4Medicare site will become an even more valuable resource to agents in 2020
- Link to more information on Connect4Medicare and Consumer Facing URL
- Example of consumer facing URL -Personalized to each agent or agency