Medicare Agent Of Record Change 2019
Medicare Agent Of Record Change 2019 will provide info on how to change over the agent of record for individual Medicare clients. A number of companies allow Individual Medicare AOR changes. The notable carrier that does not allow an AOR is United Healthcare. The only way to become the broker on a UHC policy is to write a new UHC product for the client. Read below for AOR rules for other companies
Medicare Agent Of Record Change 2019 carriers:
Aetna Medicare agent of record change:
- Can occur year-round
- Member-initiated Agent of Record Reassignments will be processed as effective the first of the month, following receipt of the member’s request. Aetna will not backdate the Agent of Record Reassignment to be effective prior to receipt of the initial request. All agents must be ready to sell in order to be an Agent of Record.
There are multiple ways that a member can request an Agent of Record Reassignment.
This must be member-initiated. Agents should NOT submit or phone in these requests to the Broker Services Department or to Member Services on the member’s behalf
Here are the ways for the member to initiate an Agent of Record Reassignment:
1. The member can contact Member Services via phone by using the toll-free number located on the back of their
Aetna Medicare Member ID card; OR:
2. The member may write a letter to the following address requesting a change to their Agent of Record:
2222 Ewing Road
Moon Township PA 15108
3. If, upon review, the Broker Services Department finds that the receiving agent is not ready to sell, the request to
change the Agent of Record will not be processed and the member will be notified.
Anthem and Empire BCBS Agent or record change (All Anthem and Empire states)
Agent of Record changes will no longer be accepted via a form letter. Members requesting an AOR change must send a signed, hand-written letter to Anthem Inc., either via mail, fax or email.
Mail To: Anthem Inc.
Attn: Sales Compensation CAAC10-010A
P.O. Box 70000
Van Nuys, CA 91470
Email: [email protected] (recommended)
This procedure applies to Medicare Supplement, Anthem Extras and Medicare Advantage policies.
- The letter must include:
- The member’s name and policy number;
- The name and encrypted tax ID or agent ID of the new agent of record; and
- Must include a signature date indicated on the letter.
- We reserve the right to contact the member in order to validate all Agent of Record changes.The AOR request may be denied due to lack of confirmation.
- For like-to-like plan changes,such as a change from a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan to a different MA plan, Anthem will maintain the original Agent of Record associated with the new policy, even when a new agent submits the new application.
- An exception will be made if a member specifically requests a new AOR by submitting a signed Agent of Record letter to Anthem requesting the AOR be changed. Once we confirm the request from the member, the AOR change request will be honored. Remember, form letters will not be accepted.
- For unlike plan changes,such as a member choosing to move from a Prescription Drug Plan to an MA plan or an MA plan to a Medicare Supplement plan, the Agent of Record as indicated on the new application will be assigned as the Agent of Record for the member.
Should you have questions, please contact your Sales Director, Regional Sales Manager, or Agent Services by e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at 1-800-633-4368.
United Healthcare Medicare
United Healthcare does not currently allow agent or record changes. The only way to change the agent of record would be to write a new policy for the member. If a member has the UHC plan 1 and you write them a new UHC plan 3, you will then become the broker on the case. Note: moving a client from one United AARP Medicare supplement plan to another will not change the agent of record.
Connecticare Medicare plans
Agent of Record (AOR) Fax ………………………………………………………………………….1-844-871-9754
Agent of Record
• Eligible Types of Agent of Record (AOR):
> Existing Producer assigns another “certified” Producer
> Beneficiary assigns new “certified” Producer
• Signatures, member ID# and date are required on all AOR changes submitted to
ConnectiCare along with a SOA if a sales meeting occurred.
• AOR changes received by ConnectiCare throughout the year are assigned to the new agent
upon the member’s renewal in January