Compare Medicare supplement plans
When you are getting ready to sign up for Medicare, you should compare Medicare supplement plans to ensure you get the best coverage for your needs.
What is Medicare supplement insurance:
If you have original Medicare, Part A & Part B, they cover some of your health care expenses. They do not cover %100 of your medical expenses. For that reason, a Medicare supplement plan is a good option to help cover the additional costs. Medicare supplement plans(also referred to as Medigap plans) are issued by private insurance companies. The pans help beneficiaries with their out-of-pocket costs.
More information about Medicare supplement plans:
The federal government standardizes all Medicare Supplement/Medigap plans. This means that, the benefits offered from company to company are generally the same. This is a great way to assure all beneficiaries receive similar coverage. Individual companies offer additional benefits and there is also some difference in pricing among companies.
More benefits of Medicare supplements:
- There are several plans to choose from depending on your personal needs.
- If your doctor accepts Medicare you can choose any Medicare supplement company you wish there are no network restrictions.
- You will not need a referral to visit a specialist as long as they accept Medicare patients.
- You have help paying for your out-of-pocket costs.
- These plans cover you when you travel anywhere in the U.S.
- If you pay your premium on time, your coverage is guaranteed for life.
Because the plans are standardized by the government, the best way to find the right carrier for your needs is to compare the plans side by side. This way you can choose a plan that offers the cost and extra benefits that best fit your needs.
Please contact us if you would like help in choosing the best Medicare coverage options for you. You can reach us either by phone at (203)796-5403 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.