AARP Medicare Supplment Plans had very low rate increases from 2011 to 2012. As a result, they offers the lowest rates for most supplement plans in Connecticut and New York. Here is a quick review of the most competative plans offered and the options Medicare Beneficiaries are choosing for 2012.
- AARP Plan F Supplement- Plan F has a 2012 premium of $216.50 ($214.50 after Bank Draft ) this represents the lowest cost plan F available in the state of Connecticut. Plan F is the most comprehensive supplement covering the most services of any of the options.
- AARP Plan N supplement- Plan N has been on the market for 2 years $154.75 and has quickly become the most popular supplement choice. The plan covers the same services as plan F with 4 notable exceptions which are (Part B Medicare deductible, Part B excess, $50 charge for ER and $20 charge for doctor office visits)
- Plan K supplement– Plan K was brought into the market overpriced but is now worth taking a look at after 2 years of rate reductions. This plan offers a much lower premium but leaves much more potential for out of pocket cost vs. Plan F and N. Those seriously considering a plan K would likely be better suited to choose the Anthem BlueCross BlueShield Plan F High Deductible Supplement with a monthly premium of about $35.00 a month at this point
- New York
- Plan F Supplement- AARP has a rate advantage over all competitors in the NYC, Long Island, Westchester area and most all of NY. AARP plan F is the choice in NY for those that want the least out of pocket expense possible.
- Plan N Supplement- AARP also has the lowest plan N supplement rate in NY but they do have more competition with Empire BCBS within a few dollars of the premium they offer.
- Plan K supplement-As is the case with CT, plan K is now a bit more attractive for those willing to have more out of pocket risk. Those interested in a plan K may want to look at the High Deductible F supplement offered by First United American
Applications and full benefit summary links below
Applications may be printed out and sent into United HealthCare directly or they may be sent to Crowe & Associates for processing. Crowe & Associates will review applications to ensure they are complete prior to submission to United HealthCare. Applications can be sent to Crowe & Associates by the following methods
Mail- Crowe & Associates, 155 Main Street, Suite 205 Danbury, CT 06810
Additonal questions may be emailed to Edward Crowe at Edward@CroweandAssociates.com or by phone at (203)-796-5403