UHC OTC 2023
If you are a member of a UHC Medicare Advantage plan, you may have a UHC OTC 2023 benefit. If you check the summary of benefits for your plan, you will be able to determine if you have access to the OTC benefit.
Please note; the OTC benefit is provided once each quarter for non-dual plan members. Any unused benefit amounts do not carry over to the next quarter. In other words “use it or lose it”.
Additionally; members of the DSNP plans have a monthly OTC benefit amount that is also “use it or lose it”. It does not carry over every month.
If you need help or have questions about an OTC order, please call either 1-833-845-8798 for non-dual plan members or 1-833-853-8587 for Dual plan members. You can also call the member services number located on the back of your member ID card for answers to your health coverage questions. c
There are 4 ways to shop for OTC items:
1. Go to myuhcmedicare.com/HWP.
2. Sign in using your HealthSafe ID®. If you don’t have a HealthSafe ID,
click Register Now to create one. You’ll need your UCard and a valid
email address to get started.
3. On the Order page, add products to your cart by clicking Add to Cart
in the product details.
4. Click Cart in the upper right corner of the page to review your order.
5. Click Check Out and enter your shipping details.
6. Click Place Order to receive your products delivered to your home
at no cost.
Use the catalog to choose items, fill out an order form and mail it in.
1. Prepare a list of products you want to buy.
2. Call 1-833-845-8798, TTY 711, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. local time, 7 days a week.
1. Shop covered OTC products at thousands of participating stores in network including; Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Kroger and several more. You can use the store finder at my mymedicare.com/HWP to locate.
2. Either you or the store associate will scan the barcode located on the back of your UCard and then scan each product.
Remember; you can download the UnitedHealthcare mobile app at either the App store for iPhone users or at Google play for google phones. to scan items to be sure they are covered by your benefit.
More member information:
Dual members can use their Ucard OTC funds for; healthy foods, OTC items, and to pay utility bills.
Non-dual members can use the UCard for OTC products
The Choice Flex PPO is a new (non-dual) MAPD plan. This plan offers members both a Flex card and a UCard (2 cards). The Flex card is a pre-loaded Visa with $500 to use annually for dental, vision & hearing items only.
All participating MAPD plans; both dual & non-dual, receive a UCard. Any member renew rewards will be loaded onto the UCard.
Members can set up their own portal to view claims, look up doctors, use the store finder for OTC items as well as check their UCard balance and more.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare Member Sign In | UHC Medicare Benefits and click “REGISTER” in the upper right-hand corner and follow the prompts from there.