Learn everything you need to know about the AHIP certification for the 2021 selling season. The AHIP consists of 2 different sections. There is a 50 question test for the first section which focuses on Medicare (MA, MAPD and PDP).
The first is Medicare. In this section you will learn:
- General terms of Medicare fee-for-service eligibility and benefits
- What types Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription drug plans are available
- Eligibility and coverage
- Training for Nondiscrimination
- Program requirements for the marketing and enrollment into Medicare Advantage and Part D
The second section is FWA (Fraud Waste and Abuse). This section will teach you the following:
- Recognize fraud, waste and Abuse (FWA)
- Learn what the industry is doing to detect fraud
- Legal practices used to fight against FWA
- What are the costs of FWA, both human and financial
- Learn the compliance rules for Medicare Parts C and D FWA
- Who commits FWA
- Learn about your obligation to report FWA and the loopholes
AHIP is made up of 5 modules. If you have taken AHIP in previous years, you are not required to read modules 1-3. You must, however read the 4th and 5th modules. Starting this year, there are 20 review questions at the end of each module. Every agent must take all 5 quizzes. Take the quizzes as many times as you need to. Your answers do not count toward your grade. When you finish each module quiz, you will receive the correct answers to review. It is very important to pay attention to these questions, as many of them will be used on your AHIP final test. It will help if you download the modules and use them for a study guide.
The AHIP exam:
The first part of the exam is 50 questions that you will have 2 hours to complete. Each person is given 3 attempts to pass this part of the exam and you must receive a grade of 90% or better to pass. The questions are based on situations and you will have to decide the best option based on the modules that you studied.
The next part of the exam is 3 sections that pertain to; nondiscrimination, Medicare FWA and compliance. Each module offers a review and then a 10 question exam. In order to pass these sections, you must receive a grade of 70% or better.
The cost for the AHIP exam is $175, although you can take it through many of the major carriers at a discounted rate of $125. Please contact our office for more information at (203)796-5403 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to add Medicare sales to your business and get help doing so, if the answer is yes, just contact our office for more information at (203)796-5403 or by email at email@example.com.